To Vanish the darkness of ignorance and to help the generation to flourish Rev. Fr. M Cinappan the then Parish Priest of Our Lady of Holy Rosary Church proposed a Plan of Starting A Teacher Training School in the Year 1950. On 20.07.1953 an institute for Basic Elementary Education known as St. Mary’s Teacher Training Institute for men was founded and blessed by Most Rev. Francis. M. Savarimuthu Bishop of Coimbatore.
The Silver Jubilee of this institute was celebrated on 29th April, 1979 and the Most Rev. Dr. D. M. Visuvasan presided over the function.St_Mary_Teachers_Training_School-2
This institution has produced many eminent teachers who are the backbone to this society. Nearly 25 teachers have added Laurels to this Institution by receiving Dr. Radhakrishnan Award for teachers by the Government of Tamilnadu. In the course of time this Institution was changed to Co-Education and now it is run only for women.